Sign of the Cross
V. O Lord, open my lips.
R. And I shall praise Your name. V. O God, come to my aid.
R. O Lord, make haste to help me.
V. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. R. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
I believe in God, the Father Almighty…
For the Intentions of our Holy Father, the Pope: Our Father, Hail Mary (x3), Glory Be…
– before each decade we pray what concerns the particularly Mystery (Lord Jesus Christ…)
Pray the Decades as Follows:
Our Father… Hail Mary…(x10) Glory be…
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your mercy. Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.
The Sorrowful Mysteries
- The Agony in the Garden Lord Jesus Christ, through Your bloody sweat of fear that You shed on the Mount of Olives, we ask You to have mercy on the Holy Souls in Purgatory. Bring to completion their purification and console them with the Cup of Heavenly Comfort.
- The Scourging at the Pillar Lord Jesus Christ, through Your painful Scourging which You tolerated so patiently for us sinners, we ask You to have mercy on the Holy Souls in Purgatory! Bring them to live forever with Christ and give them eternal relief.
- The Crowning with Thorns Lord Jesus Christ, through Your painful Crowning which You suffered so patiently for us sinners, we ask You to have mercy on the Holy Souls in Purgatory and give them the crown of eternal delight.
- The Carrying of the Cross Lord Jesus Christ, through Your painful Carrying of the Cross. Which You suffered so patiently for us sinners, we ask You to have mercy on the Holy Souls in Purgatory! Bring them to the everlasting peace of perfect life with the Most Holy Trinity and lead them into eternal joy.
- The Crucifixion of Jesus Lord Jesus Christ, through Your painful Crucifixion, which You suffered so patiently for us sinners, we ask You to have mercy on the Holy Souls in Purgatory! Turn Your Holy Face towards them and let them be in Paradise with You today.
After the fifth decade we pray:
Lord, Jesus Christ, through Your five Holy Wounds and through all of Your Sacred Blood that You shed, we ask You to have mercy on the Holy Souls in Purgatory, and in particular on our parents, spouses, relatives, spiritual guides and benefactors. Complete the healing of their purification and let them enjoy and participate fully in Your Salvation. Amen.
Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, hail our life, our sweetness and our hope. To Thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to Thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, Thine eyes of mercy towards us and after this, our exile; show unto us the blessed fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray O God, Whose only begotten Son, by His life, death and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries in the most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise through the same Christ our Lord. Amen. Remember O Most Gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled unto Thy protection, implored Thy help or sought Thine intercession, was left unaided by Thee. Inspired by this confidence I fly unto Thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To Thee I come, before Thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Do not, O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise my petitions but, in Thy clemency, hear and answer me. Amen.